Monday, July 6, 2009

Rondo (Chapter Nine: Rainfall)

The sound of raindrops hit the window like bullets. It was nighttime, which is not a good time to be out.

Koharu waved goodbye to me a few hours ago, or else she would have to walk home alone in the rain. I don't blame her, I would go home the moment I heard thunder and lighting.

"LinLin?" I looked up from my Chinese dinner to my parents. The expressions painted on their faces were a look of worry. "You haven't touched your food." My father said sternly. "Is something wrong?" my mother asked with concern. "Um, no." I lied, my body was weak at this point. I've never lied to my parents before. "Are you sure? You can talk to us about anything." I ate my rice, shaking my head in reply. Anything? They must be crazy. "So nothing's on your mind?" My father asked. I didn't bother to look up, but I replied, "Nothing's on my mind." Being the fast eater in my family, I grabbed my plate and put it in the sink.

"I'm going outside." I walked over to the coat rack, getting an odd reaction from my parents. "Be safe, sweetie." I knew that was all my mother could say at the moment. She closed the door behind me, and I put on my coat.

I pulled the hood over my head to prevent my hair from getting wet, or even worse, getting damp. If my hair got wet, I would become the "Reaction Princess" when I get home. Nobody wants to see me like that.

Well, I knew it was raining outside, but I didn't expect it to be pouring! Great, now my hair is going to be wet! This sucks!

Wait, shouldn't my mind be on this vampire thing that Ai-chan has? I don't really believe in vampires...yet. It's not true, it can't be true. There's no way it's true. It can't be right.

Having no clue where I was going, I stopped in my tracks. I knew that I was on a sidewalk, it's raining, and it's dark out!

HOW AM I GOING TO GET HOME?!?

I could hear heavy breathing behind me, someone's hands were on my shoulders. Don't panic LinLin, don't panic. "Looks like I have another victim." Victim? What is this creepy guy talking about. "Fresh blood." THIS GUY'S A CREEPY VAMPIRE?!? Okay, it's time to act now!

I tried to get out of his grip, but the more I kept moving, his grasp on me became tighter. His teeth started sinking into my flesh. I don't want to be unconscious! His teeth started sinking further. I heard footsteps coming our way, and someone shouted, "LET GO OF HER!"

The creepy vampire dude let me go, but I fell face forward in the murky water puddle, both my hood and my hair wet. He is going to pay for this. He ran off, and I started shaking. Like I said before, it was pouring outside.

"Hey, are you okay?" the voice sounded like a girl. My eyes darted to the girl immediately. Her eyes were shining, and her smile was bright. There was something different about her smile though. Wait a minute...are those fangs?!? I started panicking, having a Reaction Princess moment. As if she were reading my mind, she let out a giggle and said, "Don't be afraid of me, I'm not harmful, you're lucky I saved you." I was stunned, I couldn't say anything due to my throat being dry. "Uh..thank you very much, my name is LinLin."

THAT'S ALL I CAN SAY?!? I could burst at any minute. My cheeks reddened at my lame introduction and that smile that this vampire had. She's so cute...Ugh! LinLin stop it! "My name is JunJun." the vampire introduced helping me up. My body shivered a little.

"I don't want to see you hurt again." JunJun kissed my forehead before leaving me. If the sun was out, JunJun would see my crimson face. Thank goodness it was dark. "Let's go Aika!" she called. A girl with short, brown-or black, I couldn't tell-hair jumped from out of nowhere and landed beside JunJun. "Good job!" JunJun exclaimed, giving her a high-five. She must be one of those trainers.

Before the pair ran off, JunJun looked back at me and shouted, "If you get hurt again, I'm going to be there for you!" She dashed off across the empty street, disappearing before my eyes.

I didn't care about my soaked hair anymore. Instead, I tried finding my way home by searching for signs.

Eventually, I found my way home. I arrived late, but there was no response from my parents since they were asleep. I dried my hair before changing into my night clothes, and I went straight to sleep.

That night, I couldn't help but dream about JunJun and the vampire that tried to attack me.
************************************************************************
My eyes opened, seeing the window filled with raindrops. Oh wow, nighttime. I guess I slept through the afternoon. Wait a minute, I did sleep through the afternoon! Darn.

Risa's arm was around my waist, my cheeks burning up at her touch. Reina was fast asleep in my chair; the sun did make her drowsy after all. I thought that this would be a good time to have some alone time to myself and thinking things over.

I carefully took Risa's arm off of my waist, I got out of my bed, and wrote the girls a quick note. I hope this would make sense.

Gone out.

-Ai


I took my raincoat and went down the stairs. "Are you going to get something to eat Ai?" MY father asked me when I turned the doorknob. "YeahsureIwillloveyouDad, bye!" I replied all in one breath, closing the door.

I ran down the street, bumping into something, or someone. I almost fell, but I caught myself.

"Ai-chan, there you are." A girl spoke. It sounded like Eri, but she looked so different. Her eyes were beady, and that turtle-like smile she had, turned into a devilish one in seconds. What is wrong with her?

It's like she's possessed.

"I've been wanting to know more about you." She started walking closer to me. I walked back, trying to avoid her.

WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH THIS GIRL?!?

1 comment:

bahbahbooie said...

Rondo (Chapter Nine: Rainfall)
fun read, i was so engrossed that i didn't see the vampire word at first.
haha fun stuff.
justink9088 H!online