Friday, July 10, 2009

Rondo (Chapter Ten: Mirror)

I fiddled with my hair, looking at my reflection in the mirror. "You are cute Sayu." I repeated to myself, making an expression. I smiled, setting the mirror down and walking over to my bunny nightstand where my pretty pink phone lies. I grabbed it, and I noticed that I had two text messages. One was from Koharu, the other was from Eri. I wasn't surprised, but I started spacing out like Eri for a moment. I clicked on Koharu's message.

Hey Sayu,

Um..well, now that we are together...um..I was wondering...if we can go out sometime? Like maybe..Saturday? I can come over to your house at 3 pm? I hope you don't have anything to do.

Love, Koharu


The heat in my cheeks increased as I grinned. Since today was Friday, I was fine with going on a date with Koharu. "Oh crap, I need to find an outfit!" I muttered, running to my closet and opening the door. After twenty minutes, I picked out a bunny shirt, jeans, and bunny sneakers. The accessories, I will pick those out tomorrow.

Wait, didn't I have another message? I went back to the nightstand and picked up the phone. Oh yeah, another message from Eri. Did I mention that I wasn't surprised? She's probably bored, as usual.

Hey Sayu,

Come outside. Now. I mean it. I found Ai-chan.

Bye.

Eri


It's raining out there! Seriously, I don't want my hair to be messed up! I want to be cute! Eri, why do you make me do these things? Especially when it's raining? She should know this by now!

No. Calm down. Get some rest. Eri is fine. She can handle this by herself. I placed the phone back on the nightstand and went over to my bed. Pink sheets with a bunny blanket. Too bad I didn't get pink pillowcases for my pillows. Oh well.

I snuggled under the covers, closing my eyes. Ah, it feels so good to be in the comfort of my own bed. Now I can dream about my date with Koharu! Also, I can dream about how cute I am!

Silence. Well, except for the rain. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. My eyes were shut tight. My body was fidgeting. The rain was harder, and then thunder burst in the scene. My body jerked at the sound of the thunder. My cellphone rang. I grabbed the phone and answered it, not even looking at the Caller ID.

"You're not coming?" My eyes widened at the voice. She sounded so different, my throat was getting dry. "E-Eri?" I whispered, my voice cracking in response. "So, are you going to come or what? I've got Ai-chan." Why is she doing this crap? I don't want her to interfere, but it is too late. "I'll be right there, don't do anything." I hung up, and I went to the closet again to find an outfit. This time I chose blue shorts and a pink T-shirt.

I snuck past my parents' room and went downstairs. I unlocked the door, closing it quietly. After that, I ran outside. Usually, I would meet up with Eri at the park, but she's probably near Ai-chan's house. I should go over there first. But wait...

HOLY CRAP I FORGOT TO BRING AN UMBRELLA!

Dang Eri, why did you make me come out here in the first place? You just had to know about her didn't you?

My thoughts were interrupted when I saw Eri grabbing Ai-chan by the shoulders. Thunder roared and lighting flashed afterward. "NO!" I shouted. Eri turned around and smiled...in a devilish way. "Finally." She walked over to me, dropping Ai-chan in the process. Ai-chan was shaking, and her body was so weak. "Why are you soaking wet?" Eri asked me, looking confused. Now she wants to play the innocent role. "I thought you were Ai-chan's best friend." I changed the subject immediately, crossing my arms and pouting.

Ai-chan got up quickly, still shaking from the rain. She gave me a frightened look. Eri spun around and shouted, "I'm not letting you go anywhere!" Thunder and lightning strolled in after her outburst. What's up with Eri? I've never seen or heard her act like this before. She looked back at me and replied, "Best friend? Yeah I was her best friend, but there is more to that girl than I thought."

I couldn't say anything, I was in complete and utter shock.
**************************************************************************************************
I was wide awake, my eyes scanning the room. "Rain, how interesting." I mumbled, staring outside the window. Risa was still asleep, but..Ai-chan! Where is she? There was note. I ran over to the table and picked it up.

Gone out

-Ai


I crumbled the paper into a ball. I went over to Risa and started shaking her. "WHAT?!?" Her shout was a Reaction Queen shout. "We need to leave." I warned. "Why?" "Ai-chan's out." She didn't say anything, running over to the window, opening it. I followed after her, climbing out and closing the window behind me.

We ran down the street. I was hoping that nothing bad would happen to Ai-chan. I know Risa would be upset, she's in love with that girl.

We caught up to a shaking Ai-chan standing in the middle of the street. Risa pulled her over to the sidewalk and hugged her, while Ai-chan was holding onto her for dear life. Okay that's it, something's wrong with that Eri girl. I knew it from the start that she's been acting weird lately.

"You." My voice boomed, a flash of lightning appeared behind me. Eri giggled and assumed, "You must be one of Ai-chan's protectors." "No, I am one of her trainers." I corrected, rolling my eyes.

"What did you do to her Eri?!?" Risa cried, angry tears strolling down her face. Dang, that devilish smile appearing on Eri's face again? That's not going to fool me. I know better than that.

But this girl is seriously insane! One minute she's nice, the next she's gone crazy!

"Listen, if you don't tell what the heck is your problem, you are going to pay." I snarled, baring my sharp fangs. She backed away. "I'm not telling you." she snickered, smiling again.

Oh that was it, all hell is going to break loose now.

No comments: