Thursday, April 9, 2009

Untitled (Momusu Fanfic: Chapter Nineteen)

Maki Goto went to the shoe store where Mari works after school, hoping to see her cheerful face and her tiny structure.

"Hello, may I help you?" Mari turned around and saw Maki. "Oh, hey Maki. Something wrong?"


Maki leaned over the counter, her head in her hands. "It's Natsumi Mari." she replied, her voice muffled.

"Is she jealous yet again?" Mari took Maki over to the bench and sat her down, her arm around Maki's waist. Maki chuckled, her cheeks turning a faint pink before replying.

"Yes."

"How many times has she stared assuming things?"

"A billion times," Maki shook her head. "She's annoying me Mari."

"Give her some time," Mari patted Maki's back. "She will eventually come to her senses."

"Eventually? Please," Maki rolled her eyes. "I might as well just break up with her." Mari didn't say anything. She was stiff, and frozen.

"Marippe?" Maki looked at her, a little bit concerned. Mari's eyes twinkled.

"Please break up with her."

Mari took Maki's hand and gazed into her eyes. Maki, still confused, was wondering why Mari was acting...differently.

"But Mari-" Maki was interrupted by a kiss from Mari. It only lasted five seconds, leaving Mari shocked, and Maki about to pass out.

"I'm...I'm...sorry." The shorter girl's cheeks were crimson. 'I like it when she blushes.' Maki thought, blushing herself. "What about Nacchi?" Mari was freaking out. "I'm so sorry I kissed you."

"Ah, don't worry about it." Maki replied. "I liked it." Thank god nobody was even in the store, since it was closing. Her cellphone rang. It was Natsumi.

"Hold on just a minute Mari." Maki walked out of the store and answered,

"Moshi Moshi?"

"Hey Maki..."

"Nacchi? Something wrong?"

"Yes."

"What is it?"

"It's over."

"Eh?"

"Yes Maki. You and me. Done."

"Oh, okay then," Maki understood what Natsumi meant.

"I hope we can be friends."

"Sure."

"All right then. I'll see you at school."

"Bye." Maki walked inside the store, a worried look on Mari's face.

"What happened?" she asked.

"She broke up with me." Maki sighed, fiddiling with her keychain.

"Maki..."

"Yeah?"

"Do you want to come over my place tonight?"

"Of course," Maki replied. "I need to stay away from my place." Mari laughed.

"You go wait outside. I have to close the store."

"Okay." Maki stood outside the store and sat on a bench while Mari closed the store.

"Let's go." Mari held out her hand. Maki took it and kissed her on the cheek. They both giggled and talked until they got to the Yaguchi household.

No comments: